- Change your local computer’s date and time to a long time in the past.
- Load the site. Receives “Your clock is behind” error.
- Change your local computer’s date and time back to now.
- Refresh the site. Voila!
- Website SSL certificate expired.
- Alice, a normal user, loads the site, prompted with “Your connection is not private” error.
- Alice could proceed to the site by clicking “Advanced” and “Proceed to …. (unsafe)”. But the address bar will show the site as “Not secure” with
- Bob, the server admin, proceeds to renew SSL certificate.
- Alice refreshes the site but the error persist.
- Alice tries shift+F5, clear cache, clear SSL slate, flush DNS, clear browser history, clear cookies, clear everything, it still shows that the same error.
- Alice tries date change quick fix. Reload the page. Voila! problem solved.